Ever had a massage and wondered… “What are they’re using on me? “
The benefits of massage can be emphasised even more when using the right oils. Massage oil reduces the friction between the hands and skin, for that lovely sensation of sliding and gliding. It also moisturises the skin and, depending on the oil used and desired effect of the massage, can give therapeutic benefits. The right oil can be the difference between an average and excellent massage.
So, let’s run through the oils we use in our massages here at Mud and why you leave feeling like you’re on cloud 9 (other then the amazing treatment you just had of course 😉).
We have two oil blends we make in-house; our relax oil, used in all our relaxation massages. This blend contains four essentials oils being;
- Bergamot containing calming properties, helps ease menstrual symptoms, increases blood circulation, and comforts irritated skin.
- Lavender which is long associated with relaxation and has a calming effect for anxiety and insomnia. Lavender also has warming properties to help with painful joints and helps your skins retain its softness.
- Next is lemongrass, a refreshing oil with anti-inflammatory properties helps with restoring well-being and relieving muscular aches and pains. It also has antibacterial properties and can be used as a natural remedy to heal wounds, prevent infection and help with skin irritation.
- And finally, for something sweet to top the blend off we have Mandarin essential oil this joyful, happy and refreshing oil is calming, and known to reduce nervous tension and is particularly excellent at reducing stress and anxiety!
Next is our remedial oil blend used in our deep tissue and remedial treatments. In this oil we use oils that will warm the muscles and helps us get deeper into your muscles to manipulate and really break up your tension. This oil contains
- Wintergreen is an active essential oil with a very strong and familiar smell that you’d recognise from a lot of sports or muscular rubs as it is regularly used as an anti-inflammatory and topical pain reliever. This oil warms and soothes and has a positive and uplifting effect.
- We then have two oils that you might find in your kitchen; Ginger and Rosemary. Both oils also contain properties to warm and work to sooth and reduce muscular tension, cramps and feelings of stress and sadness.
Our in-house oil blends are mixed with a sweet almond oil which contains calcium, magnesium, protein, Vitamins A, B, D & E and fatty acids to moisturise and protect the skin. Sweet almond oil is a very mild, hypoallergenic oil which means it is safe for almost all skin types – sensitive, dry, oily. Certain properties in almond oil deeply clean the pores without clogging them.
For our Li’Tya treatments and body rituals we use one of their five beautiful body oils.
Before your treatment your oil blend is chosen intuitively by you, the body chooses the oil based on what it needs.
Reharmonise will re-balanced and regulated your body. It works to soothe, calm, strengthen and uplift. Containing Blue Cypress, ylang ylang and mandarin essential oils which work to stimulate the lymphatic system, warm the body and soothe feelings of anxiety and nervous tension while encouraging balance, clarity and internal harmony. Use before bedtime for peaceful and restful sleep and a nurturing aid for those with insomnia.
Revitalise and renew your body, mind and spirit with the balancing and meditative oil blend, rejuvenate. Rejuvenate Oil Blend which works to calm the mind and make you feel grounded and soothed. It contains sandalwood, rose geranium and lavender which work to together to ground, regulate hormone balance and keep the skin moist and supple. A great emotional leveller when hormones are out of balance!
You may be feeling lethargic and emotionally stuck and need to kick start your entire system with a cleansing and detoxifying blend and Purifying Body Oil Blend is just that. Containing lemon myrtle, native mint and juniper that work to boost immune system, stimulate, boost circulation and detoxify the body. Good for fluid retention, poor circulation, relieving fatigue and boosting lethargy.
Our Li’Tya Ocean Dreaming Oil Blend is a luxurious oil which invigorates your Spirit and body with an exotic blend of Frangipani, Sandalwood and Ylang Ylang. It also contains lemon scented tea tree, Australian sandalwood, clary sage to help invigorates the senses, restores peace, harmony and hydrates the skin. Can be used as a body oil, mixed with salt for an exfoliation, massage medium, hydrator or hair oil or as a calmative prior to sleep, gently applied to the face, upper body or massaged into your temples.
The last of our five Li’Tya oils blends is our Macadamia and Camelia Pregnancy Body Oil. The perfect oil for expecting mums or new mums! Unscented nutrient rich oil blend with high levels of vitamin E, A and essential fatty oils. Containing macadamia nut oil, sweet almond oil and camellia oil this blend is the closest to the skin’s natural sebum production with high level of absorption and low moisture loss. Enhances and protects your skins elasticity.
All Li’Tya oil blends use a mix of Macadamia, Sweet almond and camelia to feed, restore and nourish the skin.
To add additional therapeutic benefits to your treatment our Pevonia Marine Magnesium Gel is the perfect massage enhancer in which we apply directly to your muscles. This gel helps by changing proteins in the muscles that cause fatigue, spasms and cramps. Pevonia Marine Magnesium is a natural, mineral rich product that works on muscle stress as well as nourishing the skin with mineral rich waters of the coast off France.
Another treatment add-on we recommend is our doTERRA Deep Ice Blue Rub. doTERRA Deep Blue Rub is a rich, topical cream infused with the Deep Blue Soothing Blend of CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils. It provides a comforting sensation of warmth and cooling to problem areas and helps soothe muscles with oils such as the magical wintergreen I mentioned earlier, peppermint, ylang ylang and blue tansy leaving the skin feeling soft and non-greasy. The perfect addition to your bathroom cabinet or gym bag.
We sell all Li’Tya, Pevonia and doTERRA products in spa so you can take the spa home with you!
Have a wonderful day!